How many of us have had wedgie’s? Raise your hand. How many of us had forgotten to add Bounce to the dryer full of pants? Raise your hand. Well I’ve had wedgies and I have forgotten to add Bounce.
The worst is laying on the bed trying to put on tight fitting jeans with a pliers. Another excruciating experience but doable. The time it took also, was frustrating and my ride was waiting outside. Talk about an atomic wedgie!!!!!!
There also was a time I was walking the mall minding my own business and forgetting the Bounce that morning I was suffering from “leg cling” the entire walk of the mall.
What are your experiences? I know many of us have had wedgies and severe leg cling. Don’t be shy, comment.
1. Prepare your kids to fail ~ Nonsense ~ Prepare them to pick themselves up again
2. Sleep when the baby sleeps ~ Nonsense ~ If you have a restless baby thats the worst time to sleep. What if the baby decides to cook supper?
3. Enjoy every minute ~ Nonsense ~ Guilt trip if your not. Who needs it?
4. Don’t worry parenting comes naturally ~ Nonsense ~ A mom can become weird in a disorder called postpartum. So pard um me?
5. If babies poop their pants, let them clean it up ~ Nonsense ~ It would be a worse mess
I know what poop is; I still poop. I know what sleeping with your eyes open is; I still do. I know what baby colic is; It rubbed off on me. Soooo who says we have to have actual experiences to know whats its all about to rear children?
Having to have just put down my sisters sheltie after a wonderful 5 years with him, (came from sheltie rescue) looking around the vets office, I wondered about these vaccinations we give our dogs. Do many of us just walk in and say okay, let’s get it over with. Like changing our car oil in the car. None of us really know the whys and how comes so often we need to do that. We just do it because for 2 reasons, it makes the car run better and we were just told to do it. As with our canines, some, many if not all just do it because we were told to and its best for the dog to keep them going. But is it? You decide.
The Billion Dollar Vaccination Scam ~ http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2009/01/billion-dollar-vaccine-scam.html
I got this off a message board. I think most of us if not all can relate to it.
What My Mother Taught Me.
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
‘If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.’
2. My mother taught me RELIGION .
‘You better pray that this will come out of the carpet.’
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL
‘If you don’t behave, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!’
4. My mother taught me LOGIC . ‘ Because I said so, that’s why.’
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
‘If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not coming shopping with me.’
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
‘Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.’
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
‘Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to really cry about.’
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
‘Shut your mouth and eat your supper.’
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM .
‘Just look at that dirt on the back of your neck!’
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA
‘You’ll sit there until all that food is eaten.’
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER ..
‘This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.’
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY
‘If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!’
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE .
‘I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.’
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION.
‘Stop acting like your father!’
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
‘There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do..’
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
‘Just you wait until we get home.’
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .
‘You are going to get it when you get home!’
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
‘If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way.’
19. My mother taught me ESP .
‘Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you are cold?’
20. My mother taught me HUMOUR .
‘When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me..’
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
‘If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.’
22.. My mother taught me GENETICS.
‘You’re just like your father.’
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS..
‘Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn ?’
24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
‘When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.’
25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE
‘One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you ‘
I’m scratching my head wondering what went wrong. I thought going forward meant progress? I watch in horror tear gas, broken store windows, rocks being hurled. What ever happen to due process? I just don’t see it in America! What have we become? A stateless society?
“Shoot first and ask questions later” an acronym has crept back in I’m afraid. I’m more concerned about that it is becoming true. Now I’m not touching on the Zimmerman case at all here. That went through the court of law and was due process, right or wrong.
Has America become so angry that emotions rule the land? That goes for law enforcement as well. I’m proud to be a patriot American whose father fought in WWII for our freedoms. I’m ashamed to be an American today with unsettledness in Europe; unsettledness on our borders; unsettledness in our Congress; and unsettledness in our streets. My father fought for none of that.
God bless America, why? The Universe has blessed America so many times and I’d be ashamed again if what is happening through out the land, it gets blessed again.
Today was an enjoyable day. Some work, some play. Changed oil in lawn mower, changed filter in lawn mower, started lawn mower and yes it runs. Whewww!
Now it was time to play. Tonite the sun descending, I watered flowers, pulled weeds and enjoyed the beauty of nature. After playing in the yard and garden,it was delightful to enjoy what I like and the energy it brings within.
I liberate my energy by doing things that delight me. As I consciously acknowledge the energy of love in my life, I dissolve old grudges that wear me down.
When I feel tired, I rest. I even give myself permission to do absolutely nothing every once in a while. My energy is radiant and peaceful today. Laughing, singing, and dancing are my natural, normal, spontaneous expressions.
I know I am part of the Divine plan. I am creating space inside myself for loving, optimistic, and cheerful patterns to constantly germinate, take root, and grow. I nourish them with my positive attitude.
Smokey Bear turns 70 on Aug. 9, 2014. As the friendly, huggable bear with the brimmed hat and shovel enters his golden years, he’s burning up Twitter. But his message of fire prevention through personal responsibility hasn’t changed much. Here are photos of Smokey Bear through the years.
Smokey Bear was created in 1944 because of fears that America’s enemies would set forest fires while most U.S. firefighters were in battle overseas. When the war ended, Smokey stuck around — and he’s now at the center of the longest-running public service announcement campaign in U.S. history. Research shows he is known by 96 percent of American adults and ranks near Mickey Mouse and Santa Claus for name recognition. His creation was a collaboration of the U.S. Forest Service, the National Association of State Foresters and the Ad Council.
In todays day and age, we all watch our pennies, quarters and dollar bills. We also watch, the prices go up in our grocery stores. Many times, I get home and wonder whats for supper as I view all my paper goods. I’m not into paper mache and I wonder, what did I buyfor the price of 100.00 dollars? 4 ways I try to cut down on my grocery bill.
1. Choose to go without.
- a. Cheese is a luxury. I go without.
- b. OJ I only pay .99 or under
- c. No snack foods except popcorn.
- d. Save money on meat by buying lesser cuts of meat. Not prime cut.
2. Don’t be brand snobs. Use coupons.
3. Cook from Scratch
4. Have a price list.